There are various types of microphones available, all useful for the purposes that they are manufactured to be employed. Microphones can be designed to differ in their sizes while the internal structure remains the same. The major point of interest in the design of microphones is in how their internal mechanisms are designed as this is what determines how a microphone operates. The internal design gives a microphone the direction from which it can pick sound from, which is the main difference in the various types of microphones. A unidirectional mic for instance is designed to pick sound from particular direction.
locksmiths Bountiful UT
locksmiths Brownsville TX
Waltham MA locksmith company
locksmiths Rancho Cucamonga
A unidirectional microphone is designed to be sensitive to sound from particular direction only. As such, it is constructed facing up at radial angles all round. There are various types of unidirectional microphones employed for capturing different sounds. These are:
- Cardioid Microphones – This unidirectional microphone is extremely sensitive to sound from front of the microphone. It completely avoids sound that comes from its back.
- Hyper-cardioid Microphones – This unidirectional microphone captures sound both from front and sides and avoids any from the back.
- Super-cardioid microphones – This unidirectional microphone operates just like a hyper-cardioid microphone but have a large range than a hyper-cardioid microphone.
Although a unidirectional dynamic microphone can pick sound from sides, such sound does not come out clearly. A sound source placed at the back of a cardioid unidirectional microphone cannot be registered even if the source is too close to the microphone. For this reason, a unidirectional microphone is extremely useful where background noise needs to be eliminated. It is also useful in recording of a musical instrument. However, unidirectional microphones are unsuitable for capturing varied sounds such as by a group of singers. This will require using another microphone, such as an omnidirectional microphone.
There are various factors that one needs to consider while shopping for a unidirectional dynamic microphone:
- Noise filters – While a unidirectional microphone has an edge over other types of microphones when it comes to capturing noise, it is important to consider having appropriate noise filters for use with the microphone. This is especially if a microphone is to be used for record. Using noise filters ensures high sound quality.
- Weight – A unidirectional microphone is constructed with different weights, depending on the kind of functionality.
- Type – Various types of unidirectional microphone exist. There are those that employ use of cables and those that are wireless. The choice largely depends on the application one intends to employ the microphone.
- Cost – A unidirectional microphone is priced differently. The high-end microphones used by professionals are priced higher that the low-end microphones. However, the fact that the low-end microphones are lowly priced does not mean they are of poor quality and that their performance are inferior. They are simply for general use.
Like all types of microphones, unidirectional dynamic microphone needs to have covers. These important microphone accessories provide protection both to the microphone and users as well. They are disposable accessories that are very cheap and available in various colors.
There are various unidirectional microphone producers in different parts of the world availing high quality unidirectional dynamic microphone and microphone accessories. Some of these manufacturers also manufacture other products used in various industries.